Design Resume

Thursday, February 9, 2012

"Rotic" invites

So it was that time of year again....."Rotic" luncheon!

What is "Rotic" you ask? Well it's this fabulous word my dear friend Josie kinda invented (she makes up words a lot). Rotic is: Romantic without the "man". Get it?!

She has an annual Rotic Luncheon where she invites all of her closest girlfriends and cooks us all a fantastic multi course meal. She's an awesome chef that has worked with the likes of Tom Douglas, Holly Smith, and now works at Taste, the restaurant for the Seattle Art Museum where she's super close to becoming a Sous Chef. Needless to say, when you're invited to one of Josie's parties, you go!


This was Josie's 15th annual Rotic Luncheon! She started doing these just to let her friends know how much she appreciates and loves them. She also started them BEFORE she was formally trained. Josie was still working at Safeway (my employer as well) and worked all her way up to Assistant Store Manager before she realized that cooking was her true passion and gave it all up (serious pay cut) to go to culinary school in Scottsdale AZ.


As per tradition, or at least ever since I've been graced with a Rotic invite, I make the invitations. You might have seen the one I made for 2009 here. (I must not have taken one of last years...hmm..) Everyone said this was their favorite invites yet! Really?! But they are so simple and were a breeze to make?! I guess that is what catches peoples' eyes the most. I made them to fit in a standard A10 envelope that I also stamped on to coordinate with the invitations.



Here's a close-up of the banner detail. I have loads of old lace scraps (thank you Grandma!) and paired it with some simple hearts I cut using my CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge. I stamped them using PTI and CTMH stamp sets. Sorry about photographing this one with the double image....I kept the "bad" one for myself and forgot to photograph one of the good ones before I gave them to Josie.

Materials
Stamps: CTMH Noted Backgrounds, PTI In Bloom
Paper: CTMH cardstock, vellum
Other: CTMH inks and Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, scrap lace, CB embossing folder, MM corner rounder, EK border punch, home printer

No comments: