Design Resume

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Christmas gifts



Every year I make gifts for my family for Christmas. Sometimes I wish that I could just give them a gift card and call it good, but dang it! I just HAD to start making gifts. Now that I'm a consultant for Close To My Heart, the handmade trinkets are even more expected. Now I can never stop. Each year I try to come up with something different and that my family will actually use. One year it was a lap blanket, another year a mini scrapbook of my brother's wedding, another year was ornaments with family photos. It goes on and on.

This year I came up the idea of doing a wall hanging that they can use for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. I've only completed one side. The "fall" side is obviously meant for Thanksgiving, and the other side will say "noel" and use the Aspen paper pack. The first image is of the first one I completed. I realized it was FAR too detailed to make multiple versions (everyone has to have the same so there's no fighting of which is the best) so I kept that one for myself. :) The other ones will be tied together once I complete the other side.

Materials: All CTMH. Magic Moments L2PP, dimensional elements solo letters, "Playful Flourishes" SS, cocoa and indian corn blue inks, cocoa re-inker, acrylic paint, scallop scissors, cocoa and colonial white ribbon, goldrush and sweet leaf buttons, sunflower embroidery floss, Coluzzle circle cutter, liquid glass.

Other-ribbon from Target dollar deals, EK punches,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen, love all of your stuff! You are one creative chick!!