Design Resume

Monday, March 26, 2012

Ghost Masking

Hello all,

I'm back today with a card I made all because of some awesome inspiration over at Nichole Heady's blog from Papertrey Ink. They had a Make it Monday video tutorial on "ghost masking".

I absolutely loved their sample and had to try it out for myself using stamps I had. I really like the way the window looks like you might be looking through frosted glass. Yeah, just stamp on some vellum and get the same result, right? Well ink sometimes doesn't ever dry on vellum, so doing this technique insures your images won't smudge.

I didn't have a good frame stamp either, so I just used one of my Nestie dies and a CTMH marker to trace around the die and create my own frame. Worked out perfectly!

Materials
Stamps: CTMH Aspiration and Card Chatter-Birthday stamp sets
Paper: CTMH dp and cs, and PTI cs
Other: CTMH inks, hemp, and ribbon, EK border punch, PTI button, Nestabilities die

4 comments:

Tina said...

very cool technique - I get scared to try new ideas...but this came out great.

stopping in from mommy scraps alot
have a great day
tina

Mary J said...

That is so clever! A really beautiful card!

bandung said...

It's beautiful card, so cool

Remove Background said...

Your card is gorgeous.such a sweet image, I love the soft colours and beautiful detailing.