Design Resume

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Easter "egg-samples"


Hello my bloggers!

When I first saw our Stamp of the Month for February, "Easter Eggs", I'll admit I didn't like it. ....at first. I couldn't get past the fact that it's a bunch of eggs. Couldn't that is until some lovely CTMH consultants showed some other ideas and I decided to create my own:
Here's one using the egg the traditional way on the right.
Flip the egg upside-down and now you have a balloon!

Now stamp an egg in a circle, cut it out, add a brad in the center, and then "viola!" you have a super cute flower!

How 'bout this....stamp the bottom of an egg along the edge of your card and trim for an adorable lace-looking scalloped edge!

I think the scallop is my favorite. This really showcases how truely versitle our stamps can be. Any questions on technique or how to order, please contact me.

Materials: All CTMH. Emporuim L2 PP and MyStickease, "Easter Eggs" SOTM, buttercup CS, cocoa grosgrain ribbon, colonial white ricrac ribbon. Cocoa, crystal blue, twilight, tulip and sweet leaf inks. Pewter decorative brad, twilight corduroy brad, sponge, edge distresser.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm soooooo lovin' what you did with the eggs on the flower. Now I wish I had that SOTM set LOL