Design Resume

Monday, February 16, 2009

Sorry....I've been busy....

Hello all. Sorry I haven't posted anything lately. I have been awfully busy this last week and weekend. I'm going to share with you some other things that I like to do.

Since the age of 11 I have been actively involved in Job's Daughters International, a Masonic youth organization for girls that are between 10 and 20 years old that teaches young women such things as speaking in front of crowds, planning fundraisers, planning and serving dinners for groups, and managing a meeting. You can find more info on this terrific youth group by following this link to the Washington site, or this link to the International site.

Job's Daughters has taught me very useful tools that has helped made me the open and confident woman I am today. I still am actively involved as an adult leader guiding the same young vibrant minds that remind me so much of me and my Jobie friends. It's so rewarding watching a new 10 year old member join all shy and timid and watch them grow and blossom into exciting, out-spoken, and confident leaders of tomorrow.

So.....that's mostly what I've been busy with. This weekend two of our youngest members volunteered to help out another Bethel (what we call our meeting places) in Bothell with their initiation of a new member. Both girls did me so proud! They new their memory work and their floorwork to perfection! I just couldn't stop gushing and telling everyone about how well they did.

The next day was our regular Bethel meeting at our Bethel in Snohomish. Before the meeting, we had a practice so that the newer members were not confused on how things go during the meeting. Again the girls made me proud. They quickly picked up on the instructions all while having fun. They are some outgoing and so willing to help. This part of my life is so rewarding.

In addition to Job's Daughter's, I am also a member of the Order of Eastern Star and Ladies Oriental Shrine. If you have any questions about these great organizations please feel free to e-mail me.

I also went to the Silvertips hockey game on Friday. It was an awesome game, and the Tips won over their local rivals the Seattle Thunderbirds in a shutout win of 4-0!! Go Tips and more cowbell!!

No comments: