Design Resume

Thursday, May 7, 2009

New toy!!




Yeah!! I got my new Impressibilities in the mail today! I couldn't wait to play! Isn't it SUPER fun?! When I saw these at Cut at Home, I had to have them. I bought this butterfly plate and a flower plate that I will make goodies with later. This was a great excuse to make a card for Kelly Jo's Color Chef Challenge #5. I used the watercolor technique to stamp my butterfly. Just simply ink up your stamp the way you want, then spritz it with water before you stamp it. It gives your image a really cool blended watercolor effect.

So, how I used the Impressie......

I ran the plate with the embossing mat through my Cuttlebug to emboss the image. Then I simply sponged creme brulee ink all over with the darker goldrush ink on the outer edge. This really made the image pop. Can't wait to try it with darker cardstock and sanding. You can also use the plate like a letter press (which will take me a few tries to figure out).

Stay tuned for more artwork using these Impressiblities. Visit the Cut at Home site to get your own. If you sign up for their e-mail list, you can get a 40% off coupon too!


Materials: All CTMH. Goldrush, creme brulee, juniper, and vanilla creme cardstock. Goldrush, creme brulee, and juniper inks, colonial white pigment ink, Butterfly Wings ss, Say It In Style ss, botanicals die cuts, juniper brads, paper piercer, sponge, sanding kit.

Other: "Butterfly" Impressibilities plate-Nestibilities, Stickles.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this is really pretty! I am going to have to check these impressabilities out! Thanks for playing!

Stamp and Smile said...

Very pretty Jenn!! I shop at Cut at Home also and love the 40% off coupon per month... :) I need to look into the impressibilities... such an ELEGANT effect! TFS.. :)