Design Resume

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sorry I've been M.I.A.

It's been a really long time since I've posted anything. Things have been so crazy. Josie moved out two weeks ago. *sigh* It's been a bitter/sweet experience. I miss her, but at the same time I love having my place to myself.

Three and a half years ago she asked me if she could move in before the ink was even dry on my title. I had huge plans to make the second bedroom a guest/scrapbook room. Didn't even get a chance to have it from day one. My kitchen table has been my scrap area all this time.

Then, after Josie moved, I was trying to decide if I should install new flooring throughout my condo. I thought it would be an opportune time since Josie's room was empty. I've always like the look of laminate flooring and despise the nastiness of my cheap carpet. The contractor that converted my condo picked the cheapest junk her could find. It stains so easy. So, anyways....after days and days of researching and getting quotes, I decided that it's all a little too much out of my price range right now. Good thing too, because I just got an e-mail from my HOA that we are going to have to pay an assessment soon to pay for some issues the complex has. Oh well, there's always later.
My cat, Simon is still sick too. :( Going on for just over a month now. He was getting better a few weeks ago, but a few days after he took his last antibiotic, he started going downhill again. It's been quite tiring getting up earlier to feed him before I leave for work at 5:45am, then coming home during my lunch hour to feed him again, ...then...feeding him yet again when I get home and lastly before I go to bed. In addition to this torture I have to shove two pills down his throat. One antibiotic for his kidney infection, and one steroid to help him get his appetite back. I feel like I can't leave the house at all sometimes. I really hope he gets better fast.

So now I have been trying to figure out how I want to layout my scrap closet. Since I've been in this crazy limbo with my craft area, I haven't made anything. I also haven't really been feeling very crafty lately. Hopefully soon I will. I have some extra time on Sunday to play.

For now I'll leave you with the "before" pictures of the scrap closest. I'm also going to share these next few days some card kits I made for an auction coming up this November. I made them quite a while ago when I went over to Nona's for a crop. Better late than never I guess!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Stamp and Smile said...

I'm so excited for you Jenn on having your OWN craft room!! YOU WILL LOVE it and your MOJO will go wild with all the fun ideas in your head. It's nice having your items close at hand and just seeing your DP's, embellies, ribbon's, etc. give such inspiration!

Sorry to hear about your cat... hope all is going better now!! Can't wait to see photos of you craft room... take your time in deciding what you want and enjoy! :)