Design Resume

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

October Card Class

Good morning everyone. Just wanted to share the cards I designed for my two card classes this Wednesday and Thursday. Halloween theme. I used the new CTMH Hooligans paper pack along with some cool new stamps and embellishments. The technique this month is how to alter embellishments.
So for this first card, the layout and concept is pretty easy. I always like to start out with a simple card to get them back in the groove, and for new attendees to get a feel of how things go. So tearing paper isn't new, but it adds to the Halloween feel. We're using the new Captured Moments stamp set on this. LOVE this new set. Comes with two other scenes for fall and winter. Makes for quick and pretty cards.

The "altered" embellishment on this one are the brads I used to spell out "Boo". They're regular white CTMH brads that I simply took a Sharpie to create eyeballs and then glazed them with Liquid Glass. Pretty cool, huh?

Next is this cute little guy. He's part of the coordinating felt monsters for the Hooligans line. Now this one is one of the "less cute" ones that I used for my sample. Had to keep the cuter ones for the customers! The altered embellishment here is a clear CTMH button that I dipped in glue, and then in MS glitter.
And lastly, I made this birthday card to show the versatility of the Hooligans paper. Since most of the pack is geared toward Halloween and the cute monsters on the dp and felties, I used the more adaptable paper to create this fun birthday card. The altered items here aren't really true "embellishments", but created embellishments. The box-ruffle is just a strip of dp folded, and the banner in the top corner of the main image is actually cut from the dp. Can you see where I cut it from seeing the same dp on the bottom of the card? Neat-o! (I actually "stole" that from the CTMH Idea Book).
Enjoy your Tuesday. Glee tonight!! Plus I get to catch up on Hawaii Five-O since it's on so late on Mondays. I'll be back tomorrow with another Lil' Lolita Boutique Challenge!
Materials (all CTMH)
Stamps: Captured Moments, Thriller SOTM, Friendship small alpha, Say it in Style, For All Occasions
Paper: Hooligans L2pp, Black and White Daisy cs
Other: Inks, brads, Glitz, Liquid Glass, clear button, Opaques pearls, Hooligans felties. MS glitter

No comments: