Design Resume

Friday, January 16, 2009

A little play time...


I've been on vacation since Saturday because my little brother came home to visit from Tennessee after his tour in Afghanistan. I've been having a blast spending lots of time with him, but yesterday I took some time for myself and played with my new products.

Two of these cards, "Grateful" and "Nice Job", I made with inspiration from Kristina Werner's blog: http://www.kwernerdesign.com/ The other two I just thought of to make something using two of my favorite new stamp sets, "Aspiration" and "Bird Basics". They go well with the new "Unforgettable" paper.



For "Grateful", I used just blooms and stamped on them with the new "Intrinsic Backgrounds" and then sponged some more color around the edges. Also used was a button punch to cheat from using actual buttons, then I covered them in liquid glass. I used the same kind of idea for the flower on "Nice Job".




The bird on "Free as a Bird" is raised using 3d popdots. For the cherry blossom card, I used only the "Aspiration" ss and stamp the branch and blossoms on a 3x3 card, then stamped five more blossoms using sorbet and tulip and the roll technique. I cut them out and then used copper brads for the center and curled the edges up using the prongs from the brads to help keep their shape. A small glue dot to hold them in place finishes the look.

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoy them and become inspired too!
Materials: All CTMH. "Unforgettable" L2 pp, "Aspiration" ss, "Intrinsic Backgrounds" ss, "Bird Basics" ss, "Treasue Life" ss, "Say it in Style" ss. Cocoa, Juniper, Chocolate, Sorbet, Tulip and Blush exclusive inks. Colonial White pigment ink, copper brads, Juniper bigger brads, liquid glass, sponge, scalloped scissors, corner rounder.
Other: button punch from EK


No comments: