Design Resume

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Street Corner Josh-SCRSC #30


Good morning everyone! Here today with a card for the Sparkle Creations challenge which calls for some paper peicing.

Now, I've had this Josh image colored up for some time and really wanted to use him, but what part to paper piece.......It didn't feel right to piece any of his clothing, especially with the city-themed BG paper I was using. *lightbulb*! There was this little scrap left from this dp chilling on my craft table, and on it was all these little tiny street signs that were perfect for piecing into Josh's street signs! Tah-dah!
I finally bought some new bobbins so I can thread some more sewing colors. Got a little sloppy with sewing around the main image. Tried to do it all in one try, but kinda lost control towards the bottom! Haha! I'll get better.

Doing my final packing for Creative University today! Can't wait to have a nice and relaxing, crafty weekend with some amazing ladies! Gotta wake up super early to be at Nona's to carpool to the airport. MUCH better that driving 7 hours to Coeur d'Alene!! Here's a view of my scenery the next few days (plus 3 inches of snow!):
Image courtesy of Nichole Lewno

Materials
Stamps: SCRS Street Corner Josh, CTMH Fringed Phrases
Paper: BG Wander dp, PTI kraft, CTMH cs
Other: Copics, foam tape, EK punch, Memento ink, CTMH ink and hemp, misc. buttons

4 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Have lots of fun! You'll have a fun time with Corinna too. :) And I heart the One Way sign! So fabbie!

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a great card!!! Oh have a great time , I know you will!

Shaela said...

what a brilliant idea for those street signs!! awesome card :)

Marjorie said...

Darling idea! Love the street signs!