Design Resume

Monday, April 18, 2011

SCRSC #38

Materials


Stamps: SCRS Traveling Josh, PTI Everyday Button Bits

Paper: BG Wander dp and kraft basics, CTMH cs

Other: Copics, CTMH ink, brads and hemp, Memento ink, EK punch



Well, I intended to post this yesterday to submit it into the Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Challenge #38, but my computer was giving me grief. Sometimes I just want to hurl it out the window! Last week's SCRSC was a sketch challenge, which was good since I had this Josh image colored up and ready to go.

My younger brother was here for two weeks on leave from the Army. He recently returned to his base in Fort Campbell KY from his second tour in Afghanistan. For the first week, we did a lot of family stuff together and just spent some quality time. The second week, his Army buddy Alex flew in. Alex has never been west of Fort Campbell, so this was a fun time to show fim all the sites of the Northwest. Here's the family when we went to the Chateau St. Michelle Winery.

Here's the boys when we took an impromptu ferry trip from Mukilteo:

They both exhausted me doing so many things, but it was a lot of fun and I miss them already. They left Friday morning to travel down the west coast. First stop is Portland OR to spend some time with our Cousin Lacey, then down highway 101 to see Tillamook (he LOVES their cheese) and then down to California to see the Redwoods and LA/Hollywood (where they pic up a buddy from the Australian Army), San Fran, then on to VEGAS! I know they'll have a great time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So nice card! Your coloring is awesome. Thanks for sharing :)

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a fabulous card! I'm glad you had fun with your brother!