Design Resume

Friday, August 20, 2010

My first official Critter Crew FFF post!!

Oh my gosh!!! I'm sorry everyone! I set this for my timezone, but forgot to adjust to make it the day BEFORE!! Yikes! Still trying to work it out, sorry!


Welcome everyone to my first official post for Farm Fresh Friday as one of the newest Critter Crew members! Yay! I'm so excited to share my card with you today.

This week's challenge is a color challenge:
Hawaiian Shores (PTI), Tangerine Tango, and Kiwi Kiss (SU!)

Color challenges really break me out of my comfort zone. It's so easy to follow a sketch, but having to use specific colors makes me actually have to concentrate! Lol! Plus, I'm a Close To My Heart girl, so it took some detective work to figure out the matching colors. And the TGF examples are slightly different than the true shades, so my color choices look a little different.

So for my card I used Ocean, Sorbet, and Sweet Leaf. Ocean is definitely one of those bold colors that I can never commit to buying paper or cardstock in, but I happened to have this ribbon and rhinestones that went perfect! The Sorbet and Sweet Leaf were no problem; some of my favorite colors. This combination turned out real nice.

I had this Marlene image printed out that was calling my name to color her. Even though she's not a "current" digi, I thought she fit my card best. All the more reason to BUY the TGF stamps and digis while you still can!

Come see what we've all created!

The Farmers:
Jessica Diedrich
Cindy Haffner
Kadie Ensley
Mary Giles
Melyssa Connolly
Mercy Kerin
Randi Wall
Kim Nath
Tammy Maxvill

The Critter Crew:
Amber Hight
Jen Shults
Shaela Odd
Heather Schlatter
Jacquie Nordaune
Jenn Royal (you're here!)
Kristine Reynolds
Linda Muhr
Tangii Crain

Materials:
Stamps: TGF Marlene digi, CTMH Fringed Phrases
Paper: Amuse craft, CTMH cs and Twitterpated and Magic Moments dp
Other: Copics, Nestie, CB folder, CTMH button, ink, and hemp, misc. ribbon, EK border punch, Kaiser rhinestones, Stickles, Sukura pen

No comments: