Design Resume

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Giving at Christmas

Now that it's the day after Christmas, I can finally share with you what I made my family for Christmas. I always make a handmade gift every year. This season has been really hard for me to get anything done, so I wanted to make something super simple for me. ;)

The first are magnets made from vase marbles, scrap paper (yay!) and stamps. Super easy! Just cut the paper to size, stamp on them, then attach to marble (I used Liquid Glass--the best!), and then attached a magnet on the back. Packaged them in these cute tins I found, then decorated the outside.




For the second part of my gift, I made photo/memo holders using binder clips, scrap paper, and embellishments. Another super easy gift. Just cut the paper to size, glue to binder clip (I used my 3M tape-gun), and embellish. I made two "girl" versions and two "boy" versions. They're really cool mounted with foam tape on top of a computer moniter or anything like that.





Hope you all had a great Christmas yesterday! Spending time with family is so precious to me. Especially with my brother being home. This will be his last time home before he goes back to Afganistan for his forth tour in March. He's in the 101st Airborne of the Army out of Fort Campbell KY and after doing three tours, he's really made us all realize how important it is to spend time with those you love while you still can. Never know what tomorrow will bring.

1 comment:

Amy said...

OMGosh these are totally adorable and what a fun gift to make... love it!