Design Resume

Saturday, September 11, 2010

September Card Class

Hello all! Quick post to share the three cards my classes will be making. Well, technically one class already made them this last Thursday, and they LOVED these cards. They all use the *NEW* CTMH Magnifique paper pack, Circle of Love stamp set, and A Posy stamp set.

The first one is inspired by Tresa Black's "Joseph's Coat" technique from her UStream channel. Check it out! It's super "fabulous"! Since the peacock image is so large, I kept the layout simple so not to take away from the image. I added the *new* Sparkles in blue/green. LOVE them!


Here's a close up of the embossing with the ink showing through underneath:

This next one was something that just "happened". I knew I wanted to create a versitle card that could be feminine or masculine. I really like how it turned out.
The last uses the A Posy stamp set. This was a set that at first I wasn't too hot about, but after seeing multiple creations using it (including from my CTMH sistah, Vicki) I caved....and I'm sooo glad I did! This set is only $7.95 and worth every penny! It includes all the flower parts and this cute sentiment. Did you notice that I did absolutely NO distressing on this card?! That's a first for me! The layout is from the CTMH Wishes Card Confidence book.


Materials (all CTMH)
Stamps: Circle of Love, A Posy, Simple Stitches, Say it in Style, For All Occasions
Paper: Magnifique L2PP, Grey Wool cs
Other: Embossing powder, Lagoon, Pacifica, Chocolate, Heavenly Blue, Grey Wool, and Black inks, colonial white brads, basic collections buttons, hemp, Sparkles, edge distresser, Coluzzle

1 comment:

Sparkplug17 said...

Looks like a fabulous class! I love your first card!