Design Resume

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Nurse card


My friend Kim at work asked me to make her a special card for her daughter who was just accepted into nursing school. This is my first real request for a card to sell. Wow! I really want to start making cards for sale and have my own site on Etsy (an awesome site that has ONLY handmade items for sale). Hopefully by the end of the month I will have a site and let you all know.


.....back to the card. First off, horrible picture, sorry. Still want a new camera. It took me FOREVER to figure out the exact shape I wanted the nursing hat to be. After many hours surfing pictures and clip art....and (maybe) some other sites ;).....I came up with this shape. A cross made from cardstock and b/t to coordinate helped pull it all together. Kim really loved it and I hope that this helps to kick-start personal sales! Yeah!


Materials: All CTMH. Blue Ribbon L2pp, white daisy cs, Say It In Style ss, colonial white grosgrain ribbon, Indian corn blue ink, cranberry brads, sanding kit.

Other: Hole punch, EK scallop border punch, circle scallop Nesties.

No comments: