Design Resume

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Josie's pressie





Here's the fun gift I made Josie for her birthday. This great divided card box is yet another great idea from Rachel. To view her full detailed and easy instructions, visit her blog here. This was truly easy to make. You do have to have a very intimate relationship with your trimmer.


Josie loves my cards and sometimes asks me to make her one for this occasion or that, so I thought it would be a great idea to make her this box to house a bunch of handmade cards for her to give away. The large section hold standard 5.5"x4.25" cards and envelopes. The bottom left holds 3.5"x3.5" cards to either hand out or attach to a gift. The bottom right hold simple gift tags. All are stamped with various sentiments. I love the "Aspiration" ss to make beautiful yet simple projects.


The box itself I made and then covered the top lid with b/t paper. the fun center piece is made with Fancy Cuts botanicals...which I absolutely LOVE! They are so fun and great to use. You get 3 sheets of die-cuts in three different color shades. I love that you can use them plain, or distress them, or stamp on them to add more detail. Here I decided to sand them and use pop-dots to add dimension.


Hope you enjoy! And Happy Birthday Josie!!


Materials: All CTMH. Unforgettable L2pp, Aspiration ss, Say It In Style ss, Card Commentary ss. Sorbet, tulip and chocolate inks, Fancy Cuts botanicals, sorbet ribbon rounds, sanding kit, pop-dots, corner rounder.

1 comment:

Candice said...

Oh I just love this, this would make a great class. I am sure your friend will love it. Candice