Design Resume

Monday, January 25, 2010

I'm baaaacckkk! :D

Ahhh! It's so GREAT to be back into the swing of my craftiness! It just makes me so happy to have time to play again. In fact, in an hour I'm meeting some girlfriends to have some crafty time together. Happy Happy, Joy Joy! (ah, Ren & Stimpy, I miss thee)



So onto the whole reason you've stopped by my blog today.....




I actually participated in some challenges with this one! Back crafting AND doing challenges?! I'm amazing myself! Lol! So the first challenge is the sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketches #51. It's my first try at this challenge and I'll be revisiting it for sure.

My other "virgin" challenge submission is to Raise The Bar #2 which calls to use a gifted item. Well this super cute Gorjuss Girl, and the paper, was a RAK from Amy over Christmas. Yay! Thanks Amy! I have a few more cards coming up that use some more of this RAK. Since my friend Sparkle is a "Bar-tender" at RTB, I decided to scrap-lift one of my favorite little details she occasionally does on her cards--the ribbon sentiment is raised in the middle to look like a waving ribbon. Love it! So cool, yet so easy.

I got the idea for the clouds on my main image from this fantastic card by Sandra. She does a much better job of it than I did though!

OK. Enough yaking from me! Have to pack up my mobile craft unit and go hang with the girls. ;)

Materials

Stamps: Gorjuss Girl RAK, CTMH Say It In Style and Simple Stitches

Paper: KI Memories dp, CTMH cs

Other: CTMH inks and buttons, Copics, Coluzzle, foam tape.

5 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Just darling! Have fun!

~*Joni said...

Oh Jenn this is sooo sweet! I love all the details on this card - the stitching, clouds, waving ribbon. They are all so adorable! Thank you so much for joining us at Raise The Bar this week!!

nonapearl said...

She is DARLING! So glad you are back!

Amy said...

Oh, this is so fun and cute! Your coloring is beautiful and I love the design of your card, fantastic!

Darlene said...

SO adorable! It really looks like she's floating in a cloud! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at Raise The Bar. We do hope you'll come back again next week for more fun!!