Design Resume

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Natural inspiration


I was taking a longer route on my walk the other day when I came across a pussy willow tree starting to bloom. These have always been one of my favorite plants. As I was touching the willows, it occurred to me that I could find a way to replicate it on a card. How was the big question. I have never used flock before and didn't know where to find it, so I got this idea to use pom-poms and just cut them in half and ink them up. The inking made a mess of my fingers and cutting them in half had the potential for making a big mess, but I think it turned out OK. I will never be able to mail them; they're to fragile.
Materials: All CTMH. Parchment, cocoa, crystal blue and colonial white cs, Just Because ss, cocoa and bamboo. inks, Nature's Ambiance rub-on (joy), edge distresser.
Other: small white pom-poms, and a little patience.

No comments: