Design Resume

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sara turns 30!



One of my closest friends, Sara just turned 30! The last of us to reach this milestone. Sara and my other BFF, Katie have been friends since we were 10 and in the 4th grade. Twenty years of friendship...I can't believe we can still tolerate each other! Lol! ;)

Here's the card I stewed many hours over trying to make it bold and somewhat flowery. Sara loves both, so I think it came out well. I used paper as ribbon around the dimentional element for some whimsy, and some actual ribbon with the smaller element to form the all important triangular focus. A little glitter on the numbers to add some bling (which Sara loves too) helped finish it off.
The gift card holder is something I made to match and the idea comes from my great blogging friend and CTMH Upline, Nona. You can see her video tutorial on how to make your own here. She always inspires me and has cool stuff to scraplift!
Materials: Making Memories L2pp, "Thoughtful Seasons" ss, "Friendship" big and small alpha ss, cocoa and indian corn blue ink, dimentional flower elements, hollyhock ribbon round collection, colonial white grosgrain ribbon, love letters rub-ons, sponge.
Other: EK scallop punch, glitter glue.

No comments: