Design Resume

Friday, June 11, 2010

These guys make me smile


Hee hee! Aren't these two so fun and cute?! When I spotted them at Michael's last week, I totally fell in love with them and had to take them home. I thought they would make some cute Father's Day cards for son-to-dad. I'm taking one to the shop and posting the other on my Etsy.
Then, I was at Big Lots the other day and totally SCORED on loads of clear stamps and stamp sets for only 50cents or $1 each!! Yeah buddy! Even if I only liked one or two of the stamps in the set, it's a great deal. That's where the sentiment comes from. Handy!
Totally forgot that I had these brads that look like screws. Perfect for these cards! I've had them so long that I don't even remember where I bought them. Online I think.... First time I've used this Cuttlebug embossing folder too. I've had that for like six months already. Oops! Better late than never! I'm entering these in this week's Raise The Bar challenge which is all about music.
Have a great weekend! It's supposed to finally be summer here and my friend is celebrating with a big BBQ and party. Yippee!!
Materials
Stamps: Imaginisce Robot Rockin' and Robot Singing, sentiment is Hampton Arts
Paper: KI Memories dp, CTMH cs
Other: Copics, Cuttlebug folder, brads, CTMH inks

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love these robots, they make great Dad's day cards! Awesome design, love the embossing and screw head brads too!
It always feels so cool to score some stamps like that, what a great price!
Hey, Congrats on winning the last FFF at the Farm! :)

Darlene said...

HaHa ... yes they are! They are awesomely cute and I love how you've showcased them! Thanks so much for joining us at Raise The Bar this week!

~*Joni said...

Haha! I wonder if this is what robots do at karaoke parties? ;) Love the guy feel to these, the CB folder is perfect! Gotta love that Big Lots, a treasure chest indeed. Thank you for joining us at Raise The Bar this week!
~*Joni RTB DT