Design Resume

Thursday, June 17, 2010

How's it Rollin'?

Hee hee! Aren't these rollerskates fun?! The image and the sentiment are from my Unity May KOTM. Makes the perfect card to sell at the shop.

We have a couple of competitive roller girl squads around here. One down by the shop in Seattle are called Rat City Roller Girls and their rivals are up north by me called Jet City Roller Girls. Now I know why Jet City call themselves "Jet City" since they started out of Everett which is a big Boeing city, but "Rat City"? I'm thinking it has something to do with being in such a major metropolitan city and the obivious furry residents.....

Anyways, hope you enjoy your Thursday. Just another day here.

Materials
Stamps: Unity may KOTM
Paper: BG Lemonade dp, CTMH cs and pink Daydream dp
Other: Copics, EK corner punch, CTMH inks, BG button, misc. ribbon, CB folder

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute card!! I found your blog with the google alerts function! Thanks for mentioning our league. Actually Rat City Rollergirls started out in the White Center area of Seattle and Rat City is a nickname for White Center. More info can be found here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_City

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just darling! Makes me think of Skate World as a kid.

Amy said...

Fun card! The embossing is such a great touch, I need to do it more on my cards!